Creeping Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News

Next Gathering: July 20 starting at 8:00PM EST

Current Season: Early Greenleaf

Current Weather: Sunny, occasional thunderstorm, temperature ranges from about 75F to 85F during the day, comfortable weather.

Prey Status: Very good hunting this season. Prey is plump and abundant.

Latest topics
» Hopeful Revival
by Becko Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:01 am

» The Gathering (7/20/14) {OPEN}
by Becko Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:00 pm

» Camp Center {OPEN}
by Becko Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:21 pm

Vote for Us
Top RP Sites Tallstep's Topsites
Chat Box

Twolegplace Streets {Open}

2 posters

Go down

Twolegplace Streets {Open} Empty Twolegplace Streets {Open}

Post by Becko Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Skipper leaped down from the fishing truck. He had hitched a ride from the docks to Twolegplace. He had hidden in the bed of the truck among some nets and crates of fish. He probably could have ridden in the truck with the twolegs, but he preferred the wind in his fur. Twolegs didn't bother him. For the most part, the fisherman left him alone. They let him go out on the water with them or let him ride in the trucks. Today Skipper had decided to explore Twolegplace.

He padded away from the truck on the rough gravel driveway. He followed the winding streets until he decided to take find something to hunt. He stopped walking in a slightly wooded area. It was nothing like the forests near the docks, but he was sure he could find a bird here. He lifted his nose and took in the scents around him. Being around twolegs often, he was able to ignore the smell of the streets and cars. He quickly caught the scent of a robin. He crept forward and peered through the bushes. Silently he watched as the bird pecked at the grass. On silent paws, he inched forward. He bunched his hind legs up underneath him and pounced. He grabbed the bird with outstretched claws and pinned it to the ground. He quickly finished it off with a bite to the neck. He purred with satisfaction as he carried his catch over below a tree. He crouched down in the shade to eat his meal.
Becko
Becko
Ultimate Ruler of the Universe

https://creepingshadows.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Twolegplace Streets {Open} Empty Re: Twolegplace Streets {Open}

Post by Fang Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 pm

Pearl

A tiny she-kit awoke and stretched her little legs, releasing a hefty yawn. As she stood in her bed, she made her way into her Housefolk's kitchen. There, her bowl of wet, fishy-tasting food was waiting for her. She bent and ate a decent amount before stretching again and lapping up some water from the bowl next to her dish. With a content sigh, she headed for the front door.

Passing through the cat flap in the door, Pearl stepped out onto the porch. It was warm from the day's sun and Pearl sat, licking the remains of her dinner from her lips. After doing so, she bounded down the steps and walked out onto the road. The hot blacktop was slightly stinging to the gentle pads of her paws. She trotted around lightly, her head and tail held high, not disturbed by the housefolk's moving nests that hurried past her on the road.

Finally, she made her way to the wooded area that lay in her neighborhood but as she approached the trees, she scented another cat. Maybe I can talk to someone new! she thought excitedly. Making sure to keep quiet, she crept into the trees and caught sight of this other cat. He was crouched low and seemed to be very focused. Then, he sprang, making Pearl gasp lightly. He had caught a bird between his paws! Feeling very impressed, Pearl bounded over to him as he sat beneath a tree to eat, her fur making her look like a tiny, fluffy, white cloud as she rushed over to him. "That was amazing!" she said loudly and happily as she stood before him.
Fang
Fang
Official Idea Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Becko Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Skipper
Skipper glanced up at the kit. "Thanks," he meowed. The young cat seemed very impressed by his catch, which really was nothing amazing. He noticed the collar under the kitten's fluffy fur. Ah, a housecat. He thought. "Have you ever hunted before?" he asked the young cat.
Becko
Becko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fang Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:45 pm

Pearl

The she-kit shook her head only slightly embarrassed but not deterred by his question. "No," she admitted quietly. She shuffled her paws, now feeling slightly anxious and nervous. "My housefolk feed me fish, though!" she explained, not understanding that her food wasn't really fish.
Fang
Fang
Official Idea Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Becko Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Skipper
Skipper twitched his whiskers. He felt for the young cat. He had spent his kithood cooped up in a house and hated the lack of freedom. He was lucky to have parents who taught him to hunt, though. "Want me to teach you?" he asked the kit. He had time to kill. He really had nothing to do in Twolegplace. He left the docks for a change of scenery and also because of the lack of she cats there. The only cats that lived near there were the Clan cats and Skipper found them an odd bunch. Besides, they avoided him. He hadn't planned a specific time to head back, so he figured he might as well spend some time teaching the kit.
Becko
Becko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fang Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:11 am

Pearl

Pearl's eyes lit up like fireworks in the night sky. "Really?!" she asked, quivering with excitement. She couldn't believe that she was going to learn how to hunt from a loner! Then she realized that she didn't even know his name. "What's your name? I'm Pearl. I live in that direction," she said quickly, flicking her tail in the direction of her house. "So what are you going to teach me how to hunt?" she asked excitedly, nearly jumping up and down nearer to him, clearly unable to contain her excitement.
Fang
Fang
Official Idea Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Becko Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Skipper
Skipper twitched his whiskers in amusement. "I'm Skipper. I'm from the dock. You've probably never been there though," he answered. He gazed around the small wooded area and spoke again, "Well, the only prey here is really just birds and the occasional mouse. We'll most likely start with birds." He pushed himself up and gave his tabby pelt a shake. "Alright, before we start scaring off the prey, show me your hunting crouch."
Becko
Becko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fang Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:35 pm

Pearl

"Will you take me there sometime?"
she asked as he mentioned the docks. She always wanted to go but she could never exactly find her way there. The smell of fish got all mixed up with housefolk and Thunderpath smells. Pearl excitedly hopped into a crouch, her bum way up in the air and her two paws stretched out equally in front of her. Her tail flickered back and forth, twitching with excitement. "How's this?" she asked, looking at Skipper with big, wide eyes that sought approval.
Fang
Fang
Official Idea Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Becko Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Skipper
Skipper frowned. "You need to keep low to the ground," he mewed. "Watch me." He crouched down to the ground and crept forward on silent paws. His tail barely twitched as he moved. His belly kept low to the ground and quietly brushes against the leaves. He stood up and looked back at Pearl. "So you mentioned you wanted to go to the docks?" he asked, "Are you totally sure about that? I will take you, but you need to realize that you may never see your twolegs again. If you take off, they may find themselves a new kitten and you won't be welcomed back. And the docks can be dangerous. The territory there belongs to the forest cats. They don't go near the docks often, but there are also other cats living at the docks. They can be mean." He wasn't opposed to bringing her there. He believed a cat should make their own decisions in life. He was just worried that she had no idea what she was getting into.
Becko
Becko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fang Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:16 pm

Pearl

Pearl lowered her bum so that she was low to the ground and her weight was balanced over her paws. Her tail was still twitching back and forth until she watched Skipper. His tail was hardly moving. She stilled her tail and then crept forward quietly. "Is this better?" she asked curiously. When he talked about the docks and said that Pearl may never see her housefolk again, she came out of her crouch and sat down. She shuffled her paws in front of her and hung her head. She was young and so she had just recently moved in with her housefolk. The little ones were kind of annoying but it was warm in her nest and they fed her. But it was warm outside too and Skipper was teaching her how to hunt. So maybe... "If I go will you show me the way back here if I don't want to stay there?" she asked. She knew that he said her housefolk might not take her back but she would try anyway.
Fang
Fang
Official Idea Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Becko Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Skipper
Skipper watched her try the hunting crouch again. This time she did much better. She definitely would be able to hunt with a little more practice. "Very good," he purred. He watched as the kit tried to make a decision. "Here's what I'll do. I will take you there and keep an eye on you until I think you can handle yourself. If you change your mind, I will bring you back here. I won't be responsible for what happens when you come back though and you're going to have to do what I say." He really felt for Pearl. When he was a kit, he had dreamed of being free. He wished that when he had been younger he had someone to look out for him.
Becko
Becko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fang Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Pearl

Pearl glowed under Skipper's praise and purred softly. Then she sat up straighter and listened intently as Skipper helped her to make a decision. She nodded along with his words, feeling less worried and more excited about the adventure they were about to go on. "Okay! I promise! Thanks, Skipper!" she mewed happily.
Fang
Fang
Official Idea Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Becko Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Skipper
Skipper stood up and padded to the edge of the woods. "Follow me," he called over his shoulder. He figured it was best to find the fishing truck now. He knew it was probably going back towards the docks today and it was best to get back there as soon as possible. He stopped walking as a thought crossed his mind. He turned back to Pearl. "Oh and you might want to get rid of that collar. The dock cats don't take kindly to pets."
Becko
Becko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fang Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Pearl

Pearl stood quickly and began trotting quickly to match Skipper's longer steps. When he told her to get rid of her collar, she stopped and hesitated. It had always been too big so it shouldn't be hard to take off, but...did she want to take it off? What if she wanted to come back and her housefolk didn't recognize her? She looked around and found a distinctive tree. Padding over, she slipped out of her collar and quickly dug a decently deep hole, one that wouldn't be uncovered by rain. Then she put her collar inside and covered it with dirt. Feeling more exposed than ever before, she shook herself lightly before she padded up to Skipper. "Alright then. Let's go," she said quietly, a hint of sadness touching her voice.
Fang
Fang
Official Idea Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Becko Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Skipper
"Much better," he mewed. He turned and continued walking along the streets. The truck wasn't parked far from where he had met Pearl and it was easy to find. He turned to Pearl and sat down beside the truck. "Alright, listen carefully. We are going to travel in this truck," he said, pointing with his nose at the truck, "The twolegs know me, but they don't know you so we'll ride in the back. Just stay down and don't panic. You'll be safe." He stood up and jumped into the back of the truck. He padded to the back and hid among the empty crates.
Becko
Becko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fang Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:57 pm

Pearl

Pearl's eyes widened in shock. "We're gonna ride in a housefolk moving nest on purpose?" she asked incredulously. "Are you sure this is the only way there?" she asked quietly.
Fang
Fang
Official Idea Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Becko Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Skipper
Skipper gave the kit a weird look. "Do you know how far the docks are? It would take days to walk and there's no way you'd make it in one piece," he said. "Now get in here before they see you!"
Becko
Becko

Back to top Go down

Post by Fang Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Pearl

Hesitating a little more, Pearl looked anxiously up at the bed of the truck. It didn't seem that bad, though it smelled yucky and she was still a little apprehensive about it. But if Skipper said it was okay...
She bunched her back legs and sprang upward, catching the bed of the truck with her front paws. Unsheathing her claws, she kicked her hind legs in the air, trying to scrabble her way up. Finally, she found herself standing in the bed of the truck amongst some housefolk equipment she'd never seen before. She sheathed her sore claws and tried to peer over to see Skipper.
Fang
Fang
Official Idea Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Becko Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Skipper

Skipper shook his head as he heard Pearl scrabbling to get into the truck. This is going to be harder than I thought. He poked his head up from behind one of the crates and saw that she had made it in. "Come over and hide beside me," he hissed.
Becko
Becko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down